Join us at 10:30am on Sunday 1st October as we celebrate and give thanks for the abundant grace of God in our all age Harvest service.
As part of our thanksgiving we will be offering harvest gifts for the work of Carecent. Carecent provides a hot breakfast and additional support for people who are homeless or vulnerable in the center of York. There supplies having been running very low recently, so they will be especially grateful for any gift you are able to give.
Gifts will also be welcome at our 8:30am service.
Below is a list of items Carecent are in need of and able to use.
This year, we need the following, please help!
- Tinned tomatoes (preferably whole not chopped)
- Tinned meat which can be served cold – ham, spam, corned beef.
- Tinned hot dog sausages
- Tinned spaghetti
- Baked Beans
- Breakfast Cereal
- Porridge Oats
- Canned fish (especially fish other than tuna)
- Brown Sauce
- Tomato Ketchup
- Instant Coffee
- Marmite / Peanut butter
- Tinned fruit
- Fruit juice
Clothing and Toiletries
- Gents’ socks please – they don’t have to be new, but they do have to be clean! We would also welcome mens & ladies underwear (new / nearly new)
- Jeans (in sizes 30”, 32” and 34”)
- Gents’ clothes (fleeces / jumpers / t-shirts)
- Hats, gloves, roll-on deodorant (no aerosols please), toothpaste, shampoo and disposable razors.
- Baby wipes / cosmetic wipes and feminine hygiene products.
This year we’re not asking for:
- Tinned or packet soup
- Combination tins e.g. baked beans with sausages – and spiced items.
As we only serve breakfast, we can’t use things such as tinned or fresh vegetables, cooking sauces, packets of dried rice and pasta.
Thank you for your support – it really makes a difference!