Find out about this year’s festival here.
SCARECROW FESTIVAL 2017
The fundraising total for 2017 was a new record – over £5000!
Winning Scarecrows 2017
As voted by our trailers, our winners in 2017:
- Overall winner – Beauty and the beast – 85 The Village
- Black trail winner – Pied Piper – 123 York Rd
- Orange trail winner – Space! – 11 Hall Rise
- Red trail winner – 19 Rye Close
- Blue trail winner – Star Wars – 115-117 Windsor Dr
- Green trail winner – Wizards – Church hall
SCARECROW FESTIVAL 2016
Our tenth anniversary festivalraised £4900. £2400 went to St Leonard’s Hospice, and the rest is being divided between Two Ridings Community Foundation (York floods fund), Snowball Plantation, Operation Orphan, and the Aroma Community Fund.
Winning Scarecrows 2016
- Overall Winner – The Circus, Hall Rise
- Black Trail – Stickman, Briergate
- Orange Trail – Florence Nightingale, Windmill Way
- Blue Trail – Toothless from How to train your Dragon, Greenshaw Drive
- Red Trail – The Dragon, Walmer Carr
- Green Trail – Inside Out, The Village
SCARECROW FESTIVAL 2015
Our 9th Scarecrow Festival was held over the 2nd, 3rd & 4th May bank-holiday weekend. We supported the work of Phambili ngeThemba in Cape Town and also these local charities.
- Street Angels York
- The Island
- Wigginton Church Fields
- Memorial Hall Trust
- Oaken Grove Community Centre
- Haxby Helpers
- Wonder Years
Together we raised the huge sum of £4,900.
Winning Scarecrows 2015
- Blue trail – 1st T Rex, 2nd Monsters
- Black trail – 1st Spider, 2nd Tatoro
- Orange Trail – 1st Star Wars, 2nd Shaun the Sheep
- Green Trail – 1st Spongebob, 2nd Lego Man
- Red trail – 1st Postman Pat, 2nd Funny Bones
Overall winners: 1st Paddington, 2nd Xenomorph
SCARECROW FESTIVAL 2014
In 2014 we set a new record by raising the amazing total of £4,700. This was shared between Martin House Children’s Hospice “Good Night’s Sleep Appeal” and other local charities.
Winning Scarecrows 2014
- Blue trail – Angry Birds
- Black trail – The Lochness Monster
- Orange Trail – The Fox
- Green Trail – Minecraft
- Red trail – Spiderman
Overall winner: Room on the Broom
Scarecrow Festival 2013
In 2013 we set a new record by raising the amazing total of £4,500. This was be split between Phambili ngeThemba, who work with the orphans and poor of Langa and Barcelona Townships in Cape Town, South Africa and local organisations.
Winning Scarecrows 2013
- Blue trail – The BFG
- Black trail – The Gruffalo
- Orange Trail – Dr Who
- Green Trail – The workmen
- Red trail – 3 joint winners: Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Old MacDonald, Postman Pat
Overall winner: The BFG
Scarecrow Festival 2012
We had the pleasure of sharing the £4,198.54 that we raised, between Mercy Ships and local organisations.
More Previous Winners
Scarecrow Festival 2011
In 2011, thanks to all your efforts, we raised £4,254.40. All money raised was given away to charity – This was be split between Phambili ngeThemba, who work with the orphans and underprivileged of Langa Township in Cape Town, South Africa and local organisations.
Scarecrow Festival 2010
In 2010 the scarecrows were visited by about 5000 people over the weekend. £3,809.50 was raised – £2000 for Christian Aid, £1000 for the Haiti Appeal and £809.50 for various local charitable causes.